Thursday, April 1, 2010

"It is worthwhile to live and fight courageously for sacred ideals." - Norbert Capek

I have gratitude today for...
* having the experience I had in high school band. I started reading a book called "Why Kids Need the Arts" and it's amazing what music and other performing arts can do for kids. I feel lucky band wasn't associated with being a "dork" at LHS--we had the captain of the football team, cheerleaders, feild hockey players--you name it. We played DMB songs thanks to the most fantastic music teacher in the world (thanks Eric Haltmeier.) I think it's sad so many adults don't realize how exposure to arts & culture can lead kids to success in other aspects of their lives. We have to try and "save the music" because arts education is constantly being cut from district budgets. 
* enjoying the sunshine and catching up on some of my magazines. 
* forcing myself to get off my butt and did a 3 mi walk/run. I know I can't let too much time go by without exercising (it was a week this time) or I'll have to start all over. 
* choosing to keep dinner simple by eating leftovers. 
* a relaxing evening watching Grey's Anatomy & Private Practice. 
* that overall, I've stuck to writing daily on my blog and exercising regularly for the 1st quarter of 2010. 

No comments:

Post a Comment