Thursday, November 11, 2010

I have gratitude today for...
* getting through the role-play in today's sales meeting. I hate role playing and get really nervous even though non of my coworkers would believe it.
* our awesome November issue and the phone call from John saying how happy he was with my work on the special advertising section.
* Dad giving us a ride to the train station.
* the hour Andy and I had at the hotel to just relax. No agenda, no running around---just watching TV and waiting for Craig & Deb to arrive!
* dinner at McGees Pub with Craig & Deb. Good food, drinks and quality time with them. Our waiter was really nice which made it even more enjoyable.
* walking through Times Square on our way to bar #2. It was a beautiful night and we had a fun time taking pictures and soaking in that "big city" feeling.
* drinks and DMB on the jukebox at an Irish Pub with Andy, Craig, Deb, Sarah B., Morgan & Bobbo.
* The $6 slice of pizza lesson, although I was really annoyed about this in the moment. After the bars Andy & I went to a pizza place to grab a slice, his was $6. I think that's crazy, even for NYC and I sort of freaked out. It's not the $6, obviously we're spending hundreds of $ to be in NYC this weekend. I just think it's taking advantage of your customers when you charge $6 for one piece of pizza. Anyway, I decided from that moment on that we are in NYC with our good friends that we never see. We haven't had a DMB weekend in NYC in 5 years, and I wasn't going to stress about the $ we were spending from this moment on. $6 slices, $4 waters, $7 beers---what are you going to do? It's New York. Sometimes you just gotta live, "celebrate we will!"

No comments:

Post a Comment