Thursday, November 25, 2010

I have gratitude today for...
* making stuffing with Grandma at the big house this morning. She's 79 years old and still brings a cooler to Thanksgiving with her potato water and chicken broth so she can make enough homemade gravy and stuffing for 25 people.
* spending time on the beach, what a gorgeous day.
* Bloody Mary's with Grandma this afternoon.
* Kelly finding Uncle Gary's wedding band in the sand. It was missing for the majority of the afternoon and there was an intense search for hours. Kelly was the star when she found it!
* the fun dress I wore to Thanksgiving dinner.
* a fantastic Thanksgiving dinner with our big, crazy, fun, loving family!
* playing poker and Left, Right, Center with the gang.

About Thanksgiving: we're all programmed to stop and think about what we're thankful for on this day. Keeping this blog has helped me find the good in everyday. It's amazing how much we forget. There have been times since starting this blog that I've let it go for too long. I found myself not being able to remember a single thing about my days just a week prior. Life is short, we learn that over and over. Take in moments, journal, live everyday...because when we reflect back, it all seems familiar again.

No comments:

Post a Comment