Saturday, December 18, 2010

Behind the Scenes of our Engagement

One of my favorite parts about the night Andy proposed was hearing all of the stories Andy had to share with me.

*The ring has been around for a while. Apparently it was hidden all over the room and moved from place to place every few weeks so I wouldn't accidentally find it. I never go through Andy's stuff so it likely would have never been found, but I thought that was funny.

* Andy planned on asking me in New York City back in November when we went for the MSG Dave Matthews Band shows. We were meeting at my parents house so my dad could take us to the train station. He was due to arrive before me and planned as asking for dad's blessing that afternoon before I got there. The way my day worked out, I ended up getting there before him. Therefore, he didn't have the opportunity to ask and couldn't do it in NYC. He had the ring with him the entire time that weekend, even at the shows. I don't know how he was able to relax or drink beers while carrying it around the city.

* Andy's second try was going to be in Holden Beach over Thanksgiving week. He had the talk with dad on Thanksgiving day. One thought was to ask me on the beach, it was a gorgeous day. Don't you know Uncle Gary LOSES HIS WEDDING BAND that afternoon? (It was later found by Kelly, there was a 24 person search team on the mission.) Andy figured that wouldn't be good timing. He never found the right moment in NC so he came home with the ring.

* Third time's a charm. Our crazy schedules made it difficult for Andy to find just "him and me" time, and that's when the company Christmas dinner party was born.

* Not one person knew Andy was asking me on the evening of 12/11/10. It was even more special because we were the only ones that knew until the next Morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment