Monday, April 11, 2011

Mom, are you crazy?

So this is the email I received from my mom early this morning...

Hi Chris,
I just heard about this 1/2 marathon in Philly this morning and it really caught my attention because I've always wanted to this race! It's really cool with bands playing at every mile marker! The only thing is, is that it's on the 18th of Sept. Would you mind if me and dad cut out early the day after the wedding? We can run the race and then meet up with you in the park afterward. We would miss the breakfast but we would see everyone later! There's plenty of time to train maybe you would want to do it too!!! Love you - Mom :)

My thoughts were the following in this order:
a) she is crazy to think I would even consider running a marathon the day after our wedding.
b) well, I know she's always wanted to do this marathon.
c) I've never been to a brunch the day after the wedding where the bride's parents weren't there. That would be kind of weird.
d) now they won't want to hang out that night after the reception when we get back to the hotel.
e) how are they going to get up at 6am?

By the time our Monday morning sales meeting ended and I had a chance to send a reply, Mom had sent me this as a follow-up...

OK you have probably read this by now and you're probably trying to figure out a nice way to say "what are you crazy"!!!  Well, you're right I was just kidding....gotcha!  I don't want you to fret over this for too long - I thought it was a fun joke but afterthoughts tell me to let you know that it was a joke sooner than later!  Love you - have a great day. mom

My mom has never been the 'practical joke' kind of person, but I give her an A+ for this one, she really got me.

No comments:

Post a Comment