Tuesday, May 17, 2011

5 months to go! 4 months to go!

Wow...I don't even know what to say. How is our big day just 4 months away? I pretty much can't believe it. I completely missed writing a '5 months to go' entry, in the blink of an eye we went from 6 to 5 to 4 months away from September 17th! I keep saying to Andy, "think back to mid-January until now, that's how long we have until we walk down the aisle!" We are so excited!

We continue to check things off the list. I've met with the florist and invitations guy. We met with a priest last week but are continuing the search for an officiant that feel right for us. We've decided on who we will ask to do the readings during our ceremony and that we will host a picnic the day after the wedding at Nashaminy National Park. I like the idea of some additional quality time with family and friends before the weekend ends, especially with those that will be traveling.

The focus of this one day is a little overwhelming (well, actually, a lot). I never thought I'd feel nervous, but I do. And it's not that I'm nervous to marry Andy. It's more like, how often is this much attention on two people? Everyone will be watching every move we make the entire day. I love the thought of all of our family and friends in one place, but how will I be able to spend time with each of them? I don't want the day to fly by, I want to take it all in. Everyone warns me that is impossible---I will try my best to make it my (our) reality.

Yes, these random thoughts never stop. It's like a stream of consciousness about how fast time is flying by, how sometimes I feel like I'm missing the "enjoy the planning" part because there is always so much going on, there is always a long list of "things to do." How you think about your wedding day for so long, there is so much build up, and in the end, it's 24 hours long, just like every other day. How do we make every minute count?

Over the last few weeks Andy has said to me several times how excited he is to marry me, how happy he is that I will be his wife. That means so much. So many guys take the "it's her day, whatever..." attitude and I'm thankful he's been involved and that he seems just as excited about this special day as I am.

4 months away, holy crap!

1 comment:

  1. Do not stress so much about making every minute count on that day. You will naturally make every minute count. YOU WILL find time to spend with those you love. Even if it is just a little time. Those who will be traveling to visit will also be enjoying time with OTHERS who are there too so do not feel obligated or pressured to have to be everywhere at once. TRUST that every person there will be having an amazing time with the people around them at every moment. You WILL have a special time with each person that you will remember and treasure so do not waste your time worrying about it now....relax, and enjoy the ride...and TRUST that everything will flow the way it is meant to that day and you will naturally soak in every minute. :)

    ReplyDelete