Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Dress (cont'd)

Today I met Mom, Kelly & Kerry for the standard trip to David's Bridal that (almost) every bride makes when she first starts looking for a gown.

The woman that helped us was great and I thought the selection was pretty good too. I like how they carry all different sample sizes so you can find gowns that fit you no matter what size you are.

I definitely ruled out some styles and found some that I really liked. I know I don't want strapless, poofy, or ruffled. There was one Mom really loved (I did too) but I didn't want to buy anything this early. (Pictures are below, none of them ended up being the winner.)


Kerry reminded me that I should visit some bridal shops---even though they can be expensive they put their samples on sale and you can often find a dress worth a couple thousand dollars for just a fraction of the original price.

It felt good to at least start looking and to find some styles that felt like "me". As much as I'd love to wear Mom's gown, I think I want something with a little more detail.

We'll see, to be continued (again).

No comments:

Post a Comment