Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day 2


"People used to say, 'Listen to your body' and I had no idea what they meant. 'What is my body saying? I don't know...it's here." The Kind Diet

This quote actually made me laugh inside, because I know exactly what she means! After reading through these books I've thought the same things to myself. How do I listen to my body? One of the reasons I am doing this challenge is to find out. I've read about the changes that occur when we go without meat for a length of time and I want to see what it's like. Now, Alicia gave up meat and dairy and she probably experienced more intense changes than I will because of it.  I'm not there yet. Like I mentioned the other day, I hardly eat dairy anyway but I love pizza and I'm not ready to give it up. I don't know that I ever will be. Anyway, I hope at the end of these 4 weeks I'm able to look back at this post and know what it means to "Listen to your body."
What if we just paid attention to what we need?
I still wasn't feeling all that great this morning, it's really weird for me to have no appetite. Since I've fainted twice in the last year from presumably not eating enough (I was sick both times and had no appetite), I knew I had to eat something when lunchtime hit. I had veggies and some Ritz crackers. I also tried to drink a lot of water today. I am well aware I am not eating enough and I'm not following the lists I've typed out for myself to reference (of foods high in protein and calcium.) It's not normal for me to not want to eat all day long, so I guess the bright side is this was a good time for me to make this change.

I decided to share my post about starting this journey on Facebook today. I'd love for more people to start reading my blog because I really enjoy writing. There are several times a day when I hear about something on TV, read something or think about something and say "I should write about that". Then I never do (see title of this blog.) If more people were reading I'd have more of a reason to write---even though, in the end, this blog really is for me.

I knew many of my friends would connect to this subject, as I spend a good amount of time talking about food, health, nutrition, exercise etc. with a bunch of them on a regular basis. I thought maybe it would give someone else the courage to try giving up meat for a while, or to read one of the books I've learned so much from. I loved all of the supportive comments and recipes and words of encouragement. As time goes on and this gets harder, because I know it will, I will need more of that!

What I ate today:
1/2 carrots, 1/2 cucumber, 1/2 red pepper
8  wheat Ritz crackers
1/2 whole wheat tortilla w/a little cheese, grilled onions & red peppers, fresh salsa
Lots of water
2 cups of tea w/3 tsp sugar

My weight:
115

No comments:

Post a Comment