Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I have gratitude today for...
* a nice time at lunch with the Nationwide gang. We went to Cracker Barrel, I wasn't too thrilled about that but it was nice to see everyone. I just got a side salad because there was NOTHING on the menu besides a plain salad that didn't have meat or a ton of butter. They couldn't even give me green beans without butter because they are cooked in butter. Gross. I thought Friendly's was bad, at least they had rice and veggies. I don't care if I never see the inside of a Cracker Barrel again.
* listening to Seriously...I'm Kidding by Ellen during my drive to Pittsburgh. It was narrated by Ellen herself, who I could listen to forever. I just love her. It was funny and sincere and I really enjoyed it. It made 3 hours of my looooong drive go by quickly today.
* Auntie Anne's pretzels. They are seriously one of the favorite snacks. I had one during my drive since I was starving from barely eating lunch.
* starting Katie Couric's book The Best Advice I Ever Got after I finished listening to Ellen's book. I'm so glad I thought to check out a few books on tape (or CD, rather) from the library for my drive to and from Pittsburgh this week.
* Emily Gross sending me a recipe for roasted veggies lasagna. I thought it was nice of her to think of me.
* the text I got from Megan telling me she and Jeff haven't had meat for 5 days! I think that's awesome and I feel like I may have influenced them to try it.
* dinner at Scoglios Restaurant. I am becoming more comfortable with making up my own entrees when it's hard to find a choice without meat. The potato soup I had as an appetizer was awesome too!
* talking with Kerry tonight about her new job. I'm happy I called because seemed like she needed someone to talk to.

No comments:

Post a Comment