Sunday, July 22, 2012

I have gratitude today for...
* finishing my first 5k this morning!! Ok, so I ran one when I was in high school---but I haven't ran a 5k in over 15 years and I'm so proud of myself. I did it without stopping and my time was 37 minutes. Although my time was pretty bad, my goal was to run without stopping and I reached that goal. There were 11 of us that ran the "Run from the Sun" in memory of Melissa. I was so happy Pat & Joyce and Kristin & Tim were able to make it. 

* spending time with everyone after the race back at the house.
* hanging out at Jess & John's house before the Counting Crows concert. Their new pool and patio are gorgeous!
*the awesome Wrigley Field photo print Jess gave me from the DMB shows @ Wrigley in 2010. She also gave me a few DMB t-shirts. :-)
* Wawa chicken salad shortie for dinner before the show, I really enjoyed it for some reason today. I'm usually not the biggest fan of Wawa hoagies. (for you Deb!)
* a great time at the Counting Crows concert with Jess & John. I could listen to them forever. They played a few songs I really wanted to hear, a few were left out but oh well. It was great to see them!




1 comment:

  1. I sure miss my shortis! :)
    Congrats on the 5k! I hope to do one July 4, 2013! A bunch of friends did this year's with Craig and I felt like the loser who couldn't run. I'll show them all next year!

    ReplyDelete