Sunday, October 28, 2012

I have gratitude today for...
* sleeping in until 11am! The room was so dark from the gloomy weather outside and it was the perfect morning to stay in bed. I don't even feel guilty about it---I have a crazy week coming up and it's probably best that I got a really good night's sleep. 
* Steve & Kate still being able to go to the game even though we had to cancel on them. They loved the seats, too bad the Eagles lost again!
* Andy discovering the US Airways Silver Preferred program. It gives me Silver status until Jan, and if I fly 7,500 miles by then (which I definitely will) I will be Silver Preferred until Jan 2014. I also get to check bags for free and I was upgraded to first-class on my flight to Dallas!
* Andy filling both cars with gas while I packed for my trip. Who knows what chaos Hurricane Sandy will bring. It feels funny leaving town---like I'm abandoning our area or something. Praying all my friends & family stay safe and that our beaches are spared. 
* learning to adjust to all of the nuances of flying often. It is what it is...I thought we were so lucky to be leaving for Dallas on-time. Then the engine had a problem, we had to deplane, waited an hour in the airport, boarded the next place and then sat until 6:40, when we finally took off. We were supposed to leave at 3:55. I am thankful we weren't on an unsafe plane though. These little things can be annoying, but every time I get on a place I think "what if this is it?" I am not afraid of flying, but do realize freak things can happen and I say a little prayer for a safe arrival. 
* very nice flight attendants. I always feel bad for them when they have annoyed passengers because there's nothing they can do about delays, weather, mechanical problems, etc. No one was being rude to them that I noticed, but I'd imagine it's a trying job in general and they are usually still very friendly.
* being smart enough to ask for directions after I picked up my rental car because   lots of times GPS takes too long to work and I never know where to go leaving the airport. I'm glad I asked because the car charger wasn't working, my phone was 100% dead and I wouldn't have had any idea how to get to the hotel. I still wasn't exactly sure where I was going after I got off the highway and pretty much figured it out (amazing, because I have no sense of direction.)
* the chips and salsa with guacamole I ordered when I arrived to the hotel. The kitchen was closing in 10 min and I didn't want something too heavy. They were really good!
* talking with Andy when I got here for a bit, things are getting crazy at home with this hurricane!







No comments:

Post a Comment