Monday, October 29, 2012

I have gratitude today for...
* having Hurricane Sandy coverage on most local stations this morning. I slept with the TV on last night and woke up several times to hear the storm was progressing. After 9am I switched to CNN and was horrified to see how aggressive this hurricane is going to be.
* a late breakfast at Cindi's New York Delicatessen, Restaurant & Bakery. I took the time to reflect on my feeling about this hurricane and my being so far away.
* the brave reporters from Seven Mile Times in Avalon, NJ. They were out all day reporting on the hurricane and uploading pictures to Facebook. I think it was really helpful for home owner's to be aware of what was happening. It was heart wrenching to look at these pictures, but at least people now know what to expect.
* peeling myself away from the news and going out to pick up Halloween treat bags and candy for my office visits this week. I will be stapling my business card and handing one out to each adjuster.
* TCBY for lunch. I sat outside and answered some emails. I was still pretty full from breakfast so I didn't really need lunch today.
* spending some time by the pool after I finished work for the day. It was already pretty chilly but I draped a towel over me and enjoyed some fresh air. I talked with Kelly, Mom & Dad. 
* forcing myself to get my butt to the fitness center. I've fallen off the wagon with both eating healthy and exercising and it's not good. I can't believe we leave for Aruba in less than two weeks. 
* Andy having power all day and not losing power until 11pm EST. 
* a really great dinner at Ravenna Italian Restaurant. I had bruschetta, chicken florentine and two glasses of (much needed) cab. I feel like I've overdosed on hurricane coverage to make up for the fact that I'm not there. 
* Aunt Kathy's email today saying she was thinking of the Roth family and Avalon. I told her we felt the same way about Brian's house and so many others too. 
* everyone I know staying safe (as I far as I know) during this horrific storm.                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment