Monday, November 12, 2012

I have gratitude today for...
* Iced coffee from Starbuck's. I don't drink regular coffee at all but love an iced coffee once in a while.
* spending the morning on the island. I love how quiet it is and how they have so many chairs and hammocks. I finished "The Language of Flowers". It was such a great book and really opened my eyes to what it's like to go through the foster care system. :-(
* lunch at Iguana Joe's. Andy & I shared nachos and they were excellent!
* spending the afternoon at the pool at the Marina hotel. It's adults only and overlooks the water. I remember it being one of my favorite parts of the hotel last time and it certainly did not disappoint this time.
* starting "America, You Sexy Bitch" by Meghan McCain & Michael Ian Black. It's great so far! They went out on the road in an RV across America earlier this year and wrote about their different perspectives on all of the major issues. They also incorporate all of the people they encounter along the way. So far I really like it and appreciate a lot of what they both have to say.
* meeting Andrew at the pool. He noticed Andy's Phillies hat and started talking to him. The 3 of us ended up talking in the pool for at least an hour. He grew up in Ft. Washington and played ice hockey. I love meeting new people on trips!
* going to the Ocean Suites bar for a couple drinks after we got ready for dinner. Gotta love the 2 for 1 Happy Hour!
* an amazing dinner at Yumanga!! I've been dreaming of their potato soup for 3 1/2 hours and it was as incredible as I remembered. We ordered a bottle of wine and shared a steak entree. The meal came with rice & beans, potatoes and veggies; more than enough food for two people after eating the soup. I've become more comfortable with sharing entrees on this trip. The portions are usually big enough for two people and it's silly to order two entrees when there's no way to eat the leftovers.
* getting pictures in front of the I Love Aruba sign after dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment