Saturday, September 7, 2013

I have gratitude today for...
* having a relaxing morning. We slept in, I made french toast for breakfast, and we finished Season 2 of Damages. 
* beautiful weather for the Wanderlust Yoga Festival in Northern Liberties. Mom, Dad, Cliff, Stacie, her sister Jackie and I all went. It was a little different doing yoga with such a large group but I'm glad I went.
* finding $15 parking at The Phoenix after driving around for about 40 minutes in Center City. I was extremely frustrated because all of the lots were $35-40/night and I refuse to pay that. I ended up giving in and parked in a lot on 18th & Arch that was $28 but I wasn't thrilled it was unattended. As I was walking to our hotel I past The Phoenix and saw their valet parking was only $15 for 24 hrs. on weekends. Although spending that much time made me want to pull my hair out, I'm glad we know about The Phoenix parking for future visits!
* having time to get shower, get dressed and do my makeup without feeling rushed. Our reservations weren't until 8pm and it was nice to be able to take my time. 
* Andy bringing our last bottle of Dreaming Tree. We had a glass of wine in the hotel lobby before leaving for dinner. 
* a fantastic dinner at The Palm! It was our first time there and we were not disappointed. Everything from the bread basket to salad to the sides and steak was incredibly good. We shared a bottle of red wine and really enjoyed our dinner. The green beans with pine nuts and pancetta were out of this world. Now I'll be trying to find a way to copy that recipe. 
* visiting Steve at XIX after dinner. When I planned on The Palm for dinner I didn't realize it's at the bottom of the Bellevue. We went up to XIX and had a beer at the bar. Steve opened up the doors for us so we could go out on the balcony---Andy had never been up there. 
* Andy suggesting we go into the city for the weekend and stay over. He wanted to do this last year but it didn't work with all of the traveling I was doing for work. We had a great time tonight and it was nice not having to worry about taking the train home. We're looking forward to a fun day walking around the city tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment