Saturday, January 4, 2014

I have gratitude today for...
* finding wooden crates that are perfect for storing onions, potatoes and garlic in the pantry on homedepot.com. 
* finally putting the desk together and working on the office. I put up picture frames all along the top of the bookshelves. Someday I'll get to swapping out the photos with more recent ones. 
* yum pizza from Rocco's for lunch. 
* the funny/scary statue I found in the book shelf cabinet. I had a good laugh but now I don't know what to do with it. I contacted Cat to see if she can reach out to the realtor who sold the house. Maybe he can find out if the former owners want it back. 
* talking with Yankee Candle on-line support. I bought two candles that don't have wicks (I didn't realize it until I got them home.) They said they will exchange them no problem if I take them to a store. 
* making fresh salsa and guac for chicken fajitas before the game. 
* a fun time watching the Eagles game even though they lost. We had a few beers and dressed up the statue in Eagles gear. We thought she might bring us good luck, but it didn't work. They had an unexpected great season and ended up being a lot of fun to watch. You kind of got that feeling that maybe things would go their way and they had a chance to go deep into the playoffs, but it wasn't all that realistic and now we know we have something to look forward to next season. 

No comments:

Post a Comment