Monday, April 7, 2014

Mission Possible?


Last month, during the Academy Awards show, I realized we (I) had not seen one of the best picture nominees. I feel like every year during the awards show I vow to watch all of the movies nominated...and then never do. 

Over the last few years, with DVR and Netflix, we've watched fewer and fewer movies. I don't really enjoy going to the theater (uncomfortable chairs, uncomfortable temperatures, noisy people and their eating of popcorn, wrinkling of candy wrappers, etc.) and we're almost always into watching a show. It takes a lot less commitment to watch an episode or two of a show on Netflix than it does to watch a 2-3 hour movie. 

However, there is something about getting lost in a movie. To me it's not as good as getting lost in a book, but it comes close. Once the movie grabs your attention, time flies by. If the movie is any good, it will leave you with intense feelings and thoughts and you will feel like it was 100% worth your time. 

This year I decided to make an effort to start watching more movies. I thought it would be fun to keep track of my progress here. The plan is to start with 2014 best picture nominees, and work backwards through previous year's nominees.

No comments:

Post a Comment