Thursday, January 14, 2010

The Book is Always Better

I really wish I read more books. I sort of go in spurts, like I do with working out and everything else. There is nothing like a good book, one that you just can't put down because you have to know what happens next. I seem to read much more in the summer, it's the best way to spend a day at the beach. :-)

I saw The Blind Side yesterday. I've been raving about the book ever since I read it in July, before I knew it was going to be made into a movie. I believe it is a book that everyone should read, it has so many great lessons and makes us appreciate everything we have in life. It also gives us someone to root for, someone to follow and watch succeed in something as big as the NFL! Ladies that hate sports, it's not all about football, although I learned a ton about the game. It's a book that makes you feel good and makes you want to give someone less fortunate a chance.

With that, I'll say the movie was good not great. I liked the actors/actresses chosen for all of the characters. But, as with most movies I see that are based on books, so much was left out. I thought there were lots of details in the book that should have been included, they made the story that much better.

If you haven't read the book, even if you've seen the movie, do yourself a favor and pick it up...you won't want to put it down!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could get THROUGH a book. I still have a bookmark at the end of New Moon. Ugh....maybe I have Adult ADD or something

    ReplyDelete