Wednesday, February 10, 2010

2000

WINTER:
  • Ringing in the new year, and new decade with some my best friends from high school. I remember sitting on Dennis's couch watching Billy Joel's "Millennium Concert" with Mary. It was before we all really went our separate ways, before we found home to be where we were going to school instead of where we grew up. That was a special NYE. 2008-07-09 (125) 0011
  • Adjusting to college life, living on my own and learning how to share close quarters with a roommate. 2008-07-09 (156) 0004
  • Finding a way to forgive someone that hurt me badly, I never thought I could do it.
  • Ramsey Hall: partying in our dorm rooms. We had the best times, the guys even had fake snow one time. 2008-07-09 (141) 0034
  • My first time skiing- my friends thought it was funny to bring me up to a black diamond trail. I had no idea what I was doing, almost killed myself getting off the ski lift. I had to walk down the entire mountain because I couldn't ski (I did have a partner since it happened to my friend Kristen too.) I don't know if I've ever been more pissed off than I was that day.
SPRING:
  • Wawa Fruit Punch and cheap vodka was my drink of choice at this time. I hated beer and would play beer pong at parties with my own cups and the red stuff. I carried it all in a backpack, pretty funny.
  • I made one of the biggest financial mistakes of my life (thus far, hopefully I won't be making anymore.) I purchased the biggest POS car, my little blue Toyota Tercel. I thought I didn't need anyone's help and made the decision to buy it without even talking to my parents or a good friend of mine at the time that knew a lot about cars. That car almost killed me when I was driving on the PA Turnpike and the transmission blew. I was going 70 m.p.h. and my car stopped...just stopped. I was in the middle lane, my car stopped, I looked in my rear-view mirror and saw a tractor trailer behind me. I said to myself "this is it." One of the scariest moments in my life. God was watching over me that day because I somehow was able to idle into the shoulder.
  • Longest Flyers playoff game ever! We went to a party to watch the Flyers vs. Penguins and the keg ran out before the game ended. It was a long game! I think the entire dorm was up watching, and when the final goal was scored the whole place went crazy. One of the most exciting sports moments I can remember.
  • Concerts: Third Eye Blind
SUMMER:
  • My little sister graduated 8th grade, I was starting to feel like maybe we'd have more in common. 2008-07-09 (201) 0021
  • Spending a week in the Outer Banks with Katie, Melissa, Jess & Gregg (before it was so popular to go down there.) We had the cutest house right off the beach and had a wonderful vacation. I did get my first speeding ticket on our way home though, I was devastated. 2008-07-09 (152) 0006
  • I spent the whole summer babysitting for a great family who are now my close friends. Sarah and I did so many fun things--went to the beach, Great Adventure, took their dog to the park a lot. I was very lucky to have that job instead of being stuck inside the mall or a restaurant. sarah
  • This year would be the last time I ever spent a summer in my hometown. I spent so much time with friends "from home" and really treasure those summer nights, even though I hardly talk to any of them anymore. We grew apart, and almost 10 years later I understand that's ok.
  • Concerts: Bruce Springsteen, Dave Matthews Band, Counting Crows & LIVE, Creed, Pearl Jam
FALL:
  • I moved into my first real house on Nields St. in West Chester. I loved that house—it was pretty nice for a college house, finished basement and all. We had the best parties there (almost every night!)
  • One of my roommates decided to join Phi Sig and I started to become friends with a lot of the girls. I was her “date” for Homecoming and started to think joining a sorority might be fun.
  • I experienced waitressing for the first time at The Pepper Mill. I worked my butt off but made great money and met one of my favorite friends in the world there (Hi Steve!)
  • My Dad graduated from Thomas Edison State College. What a huge accomplishment for him, we were all so proud! 2008-07-09 (22) 0018
  • Concerts: Blues Traveler, Bela Fleck & the Flecktones, Bon Jovi, Dave Matthews Band

No comments:

Post a Comment