Thursday, June 24, 2010

"It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters." -Epictetus

I have gratitude today for...
* finding the quote above for today's blog, it's just perfect for the kind of day I've had. Something to think about; how do you find the good in the bad (and the annoying?)
* being here to help Mrs. Roth with the stain disaster---it was all over the deck, siding, you name it. I rushed to ACE Hardware and bought paint thinner and thankfully it pretty much did the trick. 
* the policeman that tried to get into my car after I locked my keys in it. He couldn't get it open so I had to call AAA. I'm thankful for the guy that eventually got my car open even though it was a 2 hour endeavour. 
* being able to appreciate that I get to spend so much time in Avalon this summer. I walked down to the beach to just chill out for a bit this afternoon and naturally there were tractors dredging the beach. The beach was closed from 20th-30th St. and I refused to sit there and listen to the tractor noise. Drove to 69th St. and it was gorgeous, for about an hour till the clouds rolled in. Sometimes you just gotta laugh at days like these. 
* a great dinner at The Bellevue Tavern with Mrs. Roth 

No comments:

Post a Comment