Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it's called the present." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Today I have gratitude for...
* Dad giving me a ride to the Honda dealership. Dropped it off for timing belt and water pump replacement, 90,000 mile service and for them to fix my gas tank, woo hoo. 
* Bagels 'N Cream bagels; you don't get bagels like that in PA
* my shopping trip with Kelly. We got a whole bunch of wine at Trader Joe's and I bought adorable dishes at Pier 1 for dips/salsas. TJ Maxx always has something good too :-)
* family time in the car on the way to Long Island with Mom, Dad & Kelly
* being able to attend Mrs. Scudieri's (my Uncle Tony's mom) viewing. She was almost 97 years old and was the sweetest lady. Seeing all of the old pictures of her was really cool, she was a beautiful lady and lived a fantastic life. I was reminded to keep living life and be happy for every day we have here on Earth. 
* going to dinner with Mom, Dad, Kelly, Grandma & Grandpa, Uncle Tony, Aunt Kathy, Chris & Brian. It was nice to have some time with them before we drove back to NJ. 
* things (for the most part ) going smoothly with my car today. They quoted me high to get my gas tank fixed but agreed to match the price of another dealership. 
* finally seeing Andy, I missed him :-)
* a crazy and exciting Phillies game. I got home in the 9th and little did I know we'd have 7 more innings to watch before the game ended. It was disappointing they lost but was entertaining to watch! It's times like these that I wonder how some people "don't like sports". 

No comments:

Post a Comment