Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I have gratitude today for...
* lunch with Adrienne at Yangming. We had a long overdue talk about lots of things. It was hard and uncomfortable and although I think I'm usually a great friend, I found myself feeling shitty about the way I handled some things with her over the last year. I have to allow myself to realize I can't change what's behind us, but that I can learn from this. I brushed things aside when I knew we had to talk and in the long run it hurt us both. I am happy I was able to hear her side and empathise with her. We can only move forward from here.
* my second acupuncture appointment; that I found somewhere with a good reputation that is affordable. Because they recommend going at least twice a week I would never be able to afford going somewhere that is $60, 70 or 80 per session. It is also hard to spend the money when the treatment doesn't change things instantly. I know it is going to take some time and I'm trying to be understanding and patient.
* making it to the hot yoga class on time (more or less). Traffic was awful and I was rushing to get there, especially because Megan was meeting me for class. It was the first time I've done hot yoga and I actually liked it. I was very nervous that I'd feel like I was going to pass out. I'm glad I tried it because now it's another class I can go to.
* finally mailing Grandma & Grandpa's "Christmas" present. It will be a nice surprise since it's clearly a "Happy End of January" present at this point.
* finding out Debbie's dad is doing ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment