Monday, February 27, 2012

I have gratitude today for...
* feeling much better and being rid of that awful cold!
* lunch at Geoffrey Zakarian's 'The National' with Ian. It's pretty cool going to all of these famous chefs' restaurants. I had a grilled chicken ceasar salad and it was very good.
* attending the session on death claims. It sounds morbid but it was pretty interesting!
* an awesome night out in NYC. We went to 'Blue Ribbon' for dinner with Steve from ICORP. It is a restaurant where a lot of the chefs go from other restaurants because they are open until 4am. I had my first tasting of port wine (really aged, really expensive) and it was delicious! The guys had all sorts of weird things like escargot, bone marrow, mussels etc, I had chicken.
* good times at the bar we went to after dinner with a real jukebox and an awesome beer selection!
* partying like a rock star in NYC until 4:30am! No really, we went to the bar next door to the first one at 2:00am because I heard live music---of course we had to go. They were playing some great blues/rock music and we somehow stayed until 4am. Crazy, I didn't think I had it in me anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment