Thursday, April 5, 2012

Day 16


"A carnivore's intestines are only about 6 feet long, because meat isn't meant to hang out in the gut forever. Our intestines are 20 feet long; when we eat meat, it takes a full 72 hours to pass through us. That's 3 days, and your body, my friend, is 98.6 degrees inside! It's like having a steak sit out in the hot sun for 3 days straight. Eventually it will start to rot and putrefy. And that's what's happening inside of you. You may not feel that process now, but I challenge you to abstain from animal products for a month and then eat some meat. You will feel how heavy and dense it feels in your gut." The Kind Diet

Now this guy is made to eat meat
My thoughts on the above...ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, that is so gross!!! As I was searching for the picture of the lion I found a number of sites that discuss the human body and the theory that our intestines aren't designed to handle meat. Yes, man has been eating meat for a long time, but that doesn't mean it's good for us. Although I haven't given up animal products completely for this 28 Day Challenge, I'm interested to see what I'll feel like the first time I have meat after this break. I can promise you I will think twice about eating steak more than once in a while after reading that quote, if at all.  
I had an interesting morning today. My company was supposed to sponsor a CE session for one of our clients but the presenter was in a bad car accident and the session had to be postponed. I still went into the office to introduce myself and to deliver the breakfast I had picked up for them.  
You wouldn't believe the amount of food that was in the breakroom. Cakes, cookies, bagels, muffins...you name it, it was there. I can't imagine trying to make good choices in an environment like that. One thing I am learning as I go through the process of cutting meat out of my diet is that you really have to be firm in your choices. Making the right choice is often very hard. You have to go into situations like an office breakroom or a new restaurant with a plan, or making a good choice becomes even harder.
I left Long Island just before lunchtime and headed home. I stopped at a Panera in NJ and grabbed a french onion soup and 1/2 caesar salad.

I got home around 4pm and got myself to go to yoga even though I just wanted to sit on the couch. It's nice to be home!



        

        
  




No comments:

Post a Comment