Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I have gratitude today for...
* an easy drive into NYC.
* a beautiful day to be driving ALL OVER New York
* driving through Syossett and the memories that came flooding back.
My mom worked at Aboff's. Christiano's used to have the best pizza, sadly not anymore. It's also the restaurant Billy Joel wrote about in Scenes From an Italian Restaurant
* stopping by Mom-Mom's house; meeting the family that lives there and taking a few pictures. I loved how the new owners have tried to keep some of the originality while remodeling.
19 Baylis Place
* trusting my inner voice and switching hotels when I felt uncomfortable at the first one I checked into.  
* TCBY's White Chocolate Mousse. There is nothing like it!
* reading Momastery. I've been reading it from the very beginning and I just love it so much. I'm sad I'm almost caught up to present day.
* talking with Mom tonight and telling her about my visit to Syossett. She sent me this beautiful email afterwards (after I tried out a cool new iPad app she told me about-Pen Ultimate

Yay!  I knew you would love it.  You can add pictures to your notes too!  I can't stop thinking about baylis place and the door opening - my heart is singing because my mom is right where she wants to be.  Thanks so much for going there what an unexpected gift.  I love you Chris!  Good night - I'm also very happy that you're in a nice hotel and not a crappy one :)


No comments:

Post a Comment