Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I have gratitude today for...
* finally mailing out Vanessa's 30th birthday package. It's embarrassing how late her gift is, good thing she is 30 all year long!
* being able to say hi to John when I parked at Colonial today.
* not being afraid to fly. On my flight from Philly to JFK airport I sat next to a girl who was visibly trembling and hysterically crying. I felt so bad for her--she didn't speak much English and I asked her if she was ok and she just nodded. I can't relate to how she felt but I know she was full of fear and anxiety. I believe if the plane goes down, it goes down. There's nothing we can do about it---we are subjected to possible car accidents many times a day so there is no point in getting freaked out when flying.
* getting an upgrade on my rental car. I was supposed to have a small economy car and ended up with a Dodge Avenger. I feel like I'm driving a boat but it's really comfy and has good speakers. :-)
* making myself go to the fitness center after I arrived to the hotel, and then making myself run 3.2 miles on the treadmill. I proved to myself I could do it so I know I'll be able to do it on Sunday. I really did not like the treadmill at all---I don't mind the elliptical but the treadmill was dread full. I like running outside much better!
* resorting to Applebee's for dinner because it's on the other side of the parking lot from the hotel and I didn't feel like making a big production out of getting dinner. I had tomato basil soup and some pasta w/chicken and veggies. The soup was awesome, the pasta was not. Oh well...
* watching Chemerical on Netflix. Everyone should watch this, especially mothers. Another appalling look at what goes into the products we use everyday. I'm glad I'm learning more about this and changing how we clean. My next thing is making our own laundry detergent.

No comments:

Post a Comment