Monday, August 27, 2012

I have gratitude today for...
* Andy having off today and my half day. After lunch I spent some time making fresh bruschetta, salsa and guacamole. We took it all down to the Fry's house in Sea Isle. We hung out at the house for a while and played with Liam. Then we all headed to Twisties for some drinks on the water. I've never been there- it was very cute!
* keeping myself together as I talked to Sam about changes at work. My territory is changing from the Northeast to the Midwest. It did make me feel good when he was telling me how happy they've been with me and how much he wants to keep me on his team. At first I thought I was losing my job simply because I live where I do. After thinking about everything I am hoping he accepts my plan on how to make this new territory work. Right after the call I was heartbroken because I love this job, this company and really don't want to have to go through trying to find that again somewhere else. 
* the awesome margaritas Midge made to make me feel better when I got back to the house. 
* everyone loving the appetizers I made. 
* being invited to stay for dinner again, playing F*** the Dealer and going out to the O.D. for the Monday Night Jam with Andy, Jackie, Michael & Erin. I really wanted to go out but ended up getting  upset about everything I found out about today. 
* being able to tell myself that even though things feel uncertain, I am ok. The phone call wasn't telling me someone I love has died or been harmed. I have a supportive husband and partner in life, great friends like Erin and an awesome family. I have money in the bank, a roof over my head and don't have to worry about my next meal. My life is better than millions of other people in this world, so even though things felt crappy today, I have a great life and will find a way to work things out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment