Monday, September 17, 2012

I have gratitude today for...
* thinking about our wedding 1 year ago today. I kept thinking all day to myself "this time last year I was doing ______" and then "at this time _______ was happening." It's so hard to believe it's been a year!
* Mom's email to me after she read Dad's book.
"Chris! I’m having a hard time getting through this with what you have done so far! I cannot imagine how I’m going t o read it with everyone’s entries – not a dry eye in the house as they say! The pictures are great and tell the story of a great man’s true love for life and his family. Gosh, he is going to love this and enjoy it for many, many years to come. Bravo!!
Love you - mom"
* Kelly's sweet voicemail wishing us a Happy 1st Anniversary.
* packing up all of our stuff from Avalon from the summer and getting everything home. It will be nice to have everything in one place for a while!
* talking with Vanessa this afternoon. It was nice to catch up and I'm excited for her wedding next May!
* the beautiful anniversary cards we got from Mom & Dad, Kelly & Alex, Craig & Debbie, Katie & Eric, Kerry & Jim, & Mrs. Roth.
* a wonderful dinner at Maggiano's with my husband. The food was excellent!
* adhering to the tradition of eating your wedding cake on your 1st Anniversary. We each cut a piece and fed each other like we did a year ago. Then we threw the rest away, it was pretty gross. I'm happy to have the space back in our freezer.
Celebrating 1 Year as Mr. & Mrs.


No comments:

Post a Comment