Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I have gratitude today for...
* getting to the airport on time and safely; it was pouring the whole way.
* my noise cancelling headphones working and being able to close my eyes a bit on the place. I was very tired considering I got up at 3am.
* a great visit to the Lisle, Chicago office. It was so nice meeting everyone on my new team and learning about the new territory.
* lunch at Portillo's with Bob, Jim & Jeff C. I am told it's a Chicago staple! The food was very good, one of the best burgers I've ever had.

* talking to Andy after I checked into the hotel and him telling me we're probably getting the car we want!
* finding out The Killers are touring in December and they are coming to Philly. I was just saying how I'm dying to see them!
* staying at the Hyatt---it's a really nice hotel and the staff was very friendly. They even gave me a free Internet code when I called asking how to get on.
* going to dinner at Mullen's Bar & Grill. It was a cute Irish pub about a mile from my hotel. It was open mic night so I stayed for a couple hours and caught up on emails and stuff for Dad's party while listening to the music. I had a couple glasses of wine and had a nice time even though I was by myself. I've definitely become comfortable dining solo.
* finally sending a message to Michelle to offer support. Her mom is battling cancer right now and I feel awful it took me this long to reach out to her.
* talking with Becker & Lea after I got back from the restaurant to make plans for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment