Thursday, October 25, 2012

I have gratitude today for... 
* Kerry deciding to come to our house tonight. It was nice not having to drive and of course I love having friends visit. She made great timing too. We sat out on the front deck until Andy got home and I told her all about my job changes and the new car story. 
* being able to treat Kerry to Yangming. I'm going to miss our trade when it runs out! We did takeout and took the new car to pick it up. She loved the food, just like everyone else that I take there. 
* sitting outside on the front porch and then the back deck all night talking, laughing, philosophising, etc. We went through several bottles of wine and had one of our marathon girls' nights. I hadn't seen her since they came to Avalon the first weekend in August---that's just too long!
* the funny guys that were walking home from the bar when we were sitting out back. One yelled "my girlfriend loves your house" and then the other yelled "mine too." I yelled back "I do too!" Haha, our house is definitely one of the best in the neighborhood and I feel very lucky to have such a great place. 
* Andy. I found out about a couple of friends getting divorced recently and it made me think about my relationship with Andy. I can't imagine getting divorced, but who does? I know I'm not the easiest person, and we have our differences, and there are things he does/says that drive me absolutely crazy---but at the end of the day, I can't imagine life without him and I'm pretty certain he feels the same way about me. I am lucky to have a guy that tells me how happy he is to have me as his wife, that he thinks I'm beautiful, and thanks me for all that I do, on a regular (pretty much daily) basis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment