Wednesday, October 3, 2012

I have gratitude today for...
* seeing Megan and the boys today and going to the Please Touch Museum with them.
Cutie pie Erilin having fun at the museum
* getting most of my expenses done today.
* the positive responses my Facebook post received. This is what I wrote:
Just throwing this out there---it would be nice to see people respect the fact that their friends on Facebook may not have their same political views. So while you watch the debate tonight, and comment about it, remember the generalizations you may be tempted to make could be insulting to people you consider to be your friends. I've seen so many nasty comments over the last few months. We care about this country and want things to move in a positive direction. Let's work on that together.
I am so tired of seeing people's nasty, insulting and generalizing (is that even a word?) comments. There are people I thought I liked and respected but when they write some of the things they write, without considering who of their friends may think differently---it really makes me question what kind of person they are. Our country it too divided and we have to work on solving issues together. What's it going to take for people to see that?
* watching a couple episodes of The Office before the debate. We have all of last season to catch up on. I was a little "Officed" out but enjoyed them tonight and look forward to catching up.
* going to SCOOPS for an ice cream treat an then watching the debate with Andy.

No comments:

Post a Comment