Thursday, October 4, 2012

I have gratitude today for...
* lunch with John & Jocelyn at Plaza Azteca. It had been a long time since I was last there. The company and food were both excellent!
* Doug (the handyman) coming over with a new shelf for the fridge. It broke back in June or July and I finally mentioned it the other day. He ordered me the part and installed it this afternoon. We still need one more part for the drawers to fit correctly but it's already much better!
* a spot opening up for Viki to come to the photography class with me tonight. 
* everything I learned at the photography class tonight. It was exciting to see how much I can do with my camera once I learn some basic skills. The teacher (Jeff Berkes) is my age and has been taking photography classes since he was 13. He's won awards for Nation Geographic magazine and had some of the most amazing shots I've ever seen. 
* gaining a new appreciation for photography and good photos. Jeff showed us some photos of NYC, bridges, lightening, etc that took over 45 minutes to shoot. (For one picture!) It reminded me that like many things, the end product does not tell the story of much time, effort and knowledge go into it. I will think differently when I see what photographers charge for their incredible work. 
* booking the cruise for Jenn (Burke)'s 40th birthday! I'm hoping we can get Jeff & Megan to go too, and maybe some other friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment