Monday, November 5, 2012

I have gratitude today for...
* having a decent amount of supplies to donate to hurricane victims. Julie is helping with delivery of items to shelters at the shore this week. I wish I was going to be around so I could go with her but I know people will need help for months as they rebuild their homes and lives. We donated sleeping bags, sheets, comforters, toiletries, food and clothes.
* Mrs. Roth giving me a ride to the airport this afternoon.
* the TSA giving me advice on how to get my carry on garment bag through security. I was really annoyed because it's the same bag I've been using for a year to carry on and today they told me it was too big and I had to check it (which cost $35.) Then, when boarding the plane, I saw another guy with the same exact bag and he was carrying it on! Supposedly the key is to go to another terminal---I'll be trying that next time.
* my noise cancelling headphones. I understand it's hard to travel with children but allowing your child (2-3 years old) to yell and scream the entire 3 1/2 hour flight is unacceptable. The mom didn't have any toys or activities for the kid, nor did she stop him from kicking my seat the entire time! So thankful for those headphones, they're worth every penny!
* Andy rushing to FedEx after work to overnight my phone. When I was rushing around before going to the airport today I set it down and left it at home, along with some other things I needed for my client visits this week. I really need to slow down sometimes.
* dinner at Willie's Ice House next to my hotel. It was open-air which was nice, the food was ok, nothing special. I watched some of the pathetic Eagles game while I was there.
* finding a blue t-shirt at Walmart (shhh, don't tell anyone I gave my $ to the devil). I've wanted to buy an Obama t-shirt but was afraid it would jinx the election so I bought a blue t-shirt and I'm putting my bumper sticker I received in the mail the other day on the front of it.
* the voicemail John left today to say thank you to Andy & me for coming to see him play on Saturday.
* making dinner plans with Kaitlin for Wednesday night. I think the last time we saw each other was in 5th grade!
* ABC.com and their on-line selection of full episodes. I watched Revenge and the CMA's on my iPad since there was nothing on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment