Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Today I have gratitude for...
* Walmart conveniently being next to my hotel. I usually try to avoid giving Walmart my money at all costs, but I was in a hurry this morning and it was nice to know I could run in and pick up a fruit tray and doughnuts for my meeting without having to drive around finding somewhere else. One thing I've noticed in TX---no bakeries.
* talking with Alyssa & Cindi about cleanses and apps they like. I'm going to check out the Livestrong app that Alyssa uses. I'm at a breaking point, I have to snap out of this unhealthy, no working out, getting fat again stage. I feel disgusting. I thought I would have looked my best for Aruba and instead I feel like it's been a downward spiral for months. My new goal is our FL trip in January. I WILL be feeling as good as I was last fall, at 115 lbs and toned!!! I bought a Groupon for a yoga studio in Conshe and can't wait to get back into it. It just doesn't make sense for me to pay for a membership at Ryah with all of the traveling.
* meeting Terrell and Steve from Kansas City Southern this morning. They were both really nice and gave me some good feedback. I even left with a case.
* finding a restaurant with an outdoor patio for lunch. I had soup & salad and checked with the server to make sure she wouldn't mind if I stayed for a while and worked. She was very friendly (it was empty) and said it was no problem. I stayed for a couple hours and caught up on emails. It was gorgeous out!
* the helpful girls at the Macy's makeup counters today. I'm still trying to find something that helps with my redness because Bare Minerals hasn't been giving me the same coverage as it did when I first started using it. The girls told me about a few different options and gave me some samples to try.
* Henry & Christine offering for me to stay at their house tonight. I called the Marriott at 4pm and they let me cancel, I couldn't believe it. I rushed back and got my stuff out of the room, picked up soda for the lunches tomorrow & Thursday and wine for tonight. I bought a bottle of Dreaming Tree for good luck. :-)
* having the best time tonight at Henry & Christine's! I met their girls Catherine and Jacqueline. I also met a few of their friends (Matt & Holly and Paul.) Matt & Holly brought their kids over (1 year old twins and Dominick, their 5 year old.) The twins were so cute, Liam let me hold him for quite some time. They made a mexican dinner and margaritas. We anxiously watched as they started calling the states. I kept saying "and that # is without CA??" It felt like forever but around 10:20pm (Central time) they called the election for Obama. Relief!! It ended up not even being that close (electoral votes wise.) We popped the champagne and stayed up until 2am to watch the commentary and the speeches. I have to say Romney's speech was very good--to me it was the most genuine he's ever seemed. He almost seemed relieved. This is what I had to say after they announced the results.
Thankful tonight that the less fortunate in our country have a better chance to succeed in our world, that women will still maintain control of their bodies, and hope our congress will work toward the change we need..
* wine, margaritas, and champagne helping us feel more relaxed as we watched the election play out. I really liked the Dreaming Tree wine!
* Dad's enthusiastic text at 10:28pm. "OBAMA WINS. THANK YOU JESUS. USA.....STILL THE GREATEST COUNTRY. HAVE FUN IN TEXAS :-)....LOVE DAD" You gotta love the all caps.

No comments:

Post a Comment