Wednesday, November 7, 2012

I have gratitude today for...
* watching the morning news and feeling relief that President Obama was re-elected.
* McDonald's fries- I know they are bad and I don't like supporting McDonald's but they really do cure my hangovers. I don't allow myself to eat McD's anymore except for times like this morning when I really needed them.
* a great lunch meeting at Union Pacific. Everyone was so friendly and fun to talk to.
* meeting Kaitlin for dinner at El Tiempo Cantina. It was so cool to see her and hear all about her life over the last 15 years. I think the last time we saw each other was in 4th grade. She moved around a lot growing up. Times like this are when I am so appreciative of Facebook. We would have never reconnected, nor would she have known I was going to be in Houston. I'm looking forward to my next visit so I can meet her husband and kids.
* the makeup Kaitlin gave me. She works for Laura Mercier and she brought me a lipstick, lipgloss, eyeshadow and blush. I'm going to try them out and see if their line can help with my redness.
* being able to see the true colors of some, resulting from this election. I can't believe the amount of hatred and ridiculous generalizations that some are making. I take strong offense to people that call all liberals, democrats, Obama supporters, etc. lazy free-loaders who don't give a shit about this country. Do these people truly believe that? I've tried not to let ignorant comments on Facebook get to me but I lost my cool today after reading Jon Carmen's status. I'll chalk it up to brainwashing---because no one in their right mind, republican or democrat, would have the nerve to say some of the things he and his parents said today.
* the hilarious episodes of The Daily Show & The Colbert Report tonight, they were much needed.
* Grandma's voicemail checking to make sure we're all ok with this crazy weather. NJ, PA & NY all got snow today! Just what these poor people who either have no power or no home need.

No comments:

Post a Comment