Monday, December 24, 2012

I have gratitude today for...
* firefighters, police and other first responders that help keep us safe. Although it's easy to get annoyed when we get speeding tickets (especially as often as I have recently), it's important to remember how much they are risking everytime they put on their uniform or respond to a call. I'm speechless about the shootings of the firefighters this morning. Senseless acts of violence like this are happening too often. What is going on in our crazy world?
* getting out early. I went to the mall and found a cut sweater dress to wear for tonight, stopped at Old Navy to exchange a few things and went to Produce Junction. I luckily had a spare $10 bill in my car because I forgot my cash at home. I barely had enough to buy the flowers I wanted for the tables but I used change and had 10 cents to spare, haha.
* the speakers Andy set up in the kitchen-it made working in the kitchen all day more fun.
* my love of cooking. I spent all day (10-5) in the kitchen making bread, pasta primavera, chicken marsala, baked ziti, spinach dip, salsa, guacamole, bruschetta and zucchini bites. It was A TON of work but I felt very proud to serve a fantastic meal tonight as we celebrated Christmas Eve.
* a beautiful Christmas Eve dinner in our cozy little home. The trees were up, candles were lit in all of our windows and Christmas music played throughout the house. The kids were great and Santa even came on the fire engine outside! Everyone seemed to like dinner and we had a huge display of desserts as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment