Tuesday, December 25, 2012

I have gratitude today for...
* feeling thankful for all of the great people and fortunes I have in my life. There has been so much sadness in our world lately.
* our breakfast and gift exchange with Mrs. Roth this morning. Today felt much more relaxing compared to the insanity yesterday.
* Mom, Dad, Kelly & Alex arriving safely this afternoon. We put out a bunch of apps and had some drinks and hung out for a while before our Secret Santa exchange.
* a fun time doing our gift exchange. We each buy a $50 gift for one person and take turns giving and opening. I loved all of the thoughtful things Kelly gave me and I think she liked what I gave her too.
* making snowflakes for Sandy Hook as a family. We made 20 snowflakes, one for each little angel that was so senselessly killed on 12/14.
* the crock-pot ham coming out so well. We also had roasted potatoes, green bean casserole, baked beans, carrots and salad. Everything was great!
* relaxing after dinner---we had dessert, tea & coffee and spent some more time talking about Kelly's teaching and wedding.
* Andy & I exchanging gifts with each other after everyone left. We kept things pretty simple this year but still managed to find thoughtful and needed things to give each other. My favorite was the cooking class he got for me---he knows I'd never spend the $$ on something like that. I'm going to use it for a knife skills class. He also bought me two more knives to add to our set.
* making it this long before getting sick. I started feeling a sore throat coming on this afternoon and I'm pretty sure it's a cold coming on.

No comments:

Post a Comment