Monday, December 3, 2012

I have gratitude today for...
* no delays flying from Orlando to Detroit or from Detroit to Madison. The fog was really bad in Detroit and I was afraid we were going to have to wait for it to clear out.
* memories of Rachel & I traveling together to the University of Illinois. Running through the airport with our bags trying not to miss our connecting flight. It's hard to believe that was 9 years ago!
* not getting upset when I traveled to WI for no reason due to the client canceling our meeting. I was disappointed because I lost the opportunity to present GlobalOptions (for now). I respectfully made it clear I flew in for our meeting, and that it wasn't just a 10 minute drive. It didn't seem to matter and there was nothing I could do about it. Sometimes I feel people in business have no regard for other people's time, but it's part of the game. I feel fortunate this is the first time it's happened since I started with GO.
* a nice dinner at . The food was very good and I spent some time writing my Don't Judge blog post about dining alone (often.)
* walking around the mall for a little bit and then stopping in to Target & Kohl's. For some reason I didn't pack a shirt to wear to the DMB show Wednesday night so I picked up one and bought the boots from Target (with no heels) I've been wanting.
* the girl at Origins giving me a few samples of the face wash I use since I forgot to bring mine. I don't like using bar soap on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment