Monday, March 11, 2013

I have gratitude today for...
* receiving the Day 1 Meditation link for Oprah's 21-Day Meditation Challenge with Deepak Chopra. I've always wanted to try meditating and I know it would be good for me. I have a very hard time quieting my mind---even when I go for a massage or a Jin Sin Jyutsu session. I'm going to give this a shot and see what happens.
* the funny link Dad sent with cute kitty pictures. How do I convince Andy we need a kitty?
* my session with Hannelore today. I appreciated her agreeing to a lower per session rate so I can continue going every 3-4 weeks.
* lunch with Ian at Bertucci's. We talked about everything going on with my position, how I've been feeling about moving, and the lack of support from the company.
* Meredith giving me a ride to the airport. I was going to take the train but thank God she was able to give me a ride. By the time I got home from lunch with Ian and packed, I wouldn't have had time to get to the airport before my call with Bob.
* talking with Bob about our expectations for the move. I am realizing now they are probably going to offer very little as far as moving expenses are concerned. They also don't plan on increasing my pay at all. It will be interesting to hear what they come back with.
* finally getting to the house in Cocoa Beach safely, at 1:30am! What a nightmare of a trip. It started out with panicking I was already destined to miss my connecting flight in CLT because our plan in Philly was delayed 15 minutes. There was such a small window in between flights I was pretty much guaranteed to miss it. There were no other options aside from rescheduling for tomorrow so I took a chance and hoped we'd make some time up in the air. We arrived in CLT 40 minutes before my connecting flight so that was good news. Then, after being up in the air for 45 minutes on our way to Melbourne, the pilot came over the loud speaker and told us the cabin wasn't pressurizing. There was another mechanical issue and we had to go back to CLT. We didn't board our flight until 10:45 (we were supposed to ARRIVE in Melbourne at 10:44). We finally arrived in Melbourne around 12:45am. Megan had gone to sleep because she thought I'd be able to get a cab or rental car, and she wasn't responding to my texts. All rental cars were sold out and there were no cabs waiting at the airport. I thought I was going to be stranded there overnight. The man I sat next to on the plane offered to give me a ride to Cocoa Beach but I wasn't going to go anywhere with a man I don't know. It was very generous of him and he was a very nice guy, but still. I asked a couple I had been talking to in CLT while waiting for our new plane, if they were going near Cocoa Beach and offered to pay them to give me a ride. They lived 5 minutes from the airport. When they saw me standing there, visibly upset because I didn't know what to do, they came over to me and said they'd drive me. There are good samaritans in this world! At that point it felt like they had just offered me a million dollars. Jenn & Steve gave me a ride to Cocoa Beach, wouldn't take gas money, and are now my friends on Facebook. They really were saints tonight.
* my noise-cancelling headphones. I finally fell asleep on the living floor, and was happy to have the "sleep sounds" on my iPad with my headphones. Andy's mom was on the other side of the living room and I would have never slept without the headphones.

No comments:

Post a Comment