Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I have gratitude today for...
* working out this morning with Mike at the gym. He had me do several new exercises (including burpees, I've always been afraid of them.) I love how I'm learning new ways to work different muscle groups and I am doing things I never thought I could do. I was reluctant to spend the money on a trainer but I am getting so much out of it!
* lunch with John & Brian at Baggataway's. I had the veggie spring rolls for the first time since last spring when I gave up meat. They were very good! We had a great lunch talking about what's going on at the magazine and life in general.
* keeping my cool when I was questioned about my high expenses this month. I was sort of expecting it but I was proactive and explained why they were so high (almost $8,000!) I traveled 15 days last month and paid for hotel rooms for other people. I know I can justify each line item but it was annoying I even had to worry about it. By the end of the day the report was approved by my home office, we'll see what happens from there.
* my desk FINALLY looking like a desk. I've enjoyed working in my office and I just have a little more to do as far as organizing/cleaning goes.
* the new baked ziti recipe coming out so good tonight. Andy found a recipe without ricotta cheese and I tried making it tonight. It was awesome! I also made a parmesan crusted chicken cutlet to go with it. We both really enjoyed dinner---I love when new recipes are keepers!
* trying to use coconut oil again. I made cupcakes (I've really been wanting something sweet (not typical) and used egg whites and coconut oil to make them a little healthier. They were really fluffy and practically falling apart but they were a nice treat and I didn't feel guilty for eating one.
* finding my favorite on American Idol this season. Angela is my girl. I love her and think she's hands down the best contestant.

No comments:

Post a Comment