Monday, March 18, 2013

I have gratitude today for...
* everything going smoothly for our trip home. We had to "get up" at 2:30am to leave Cocoa Beach by 3. I only slept for about an hour by the time I fell asleep and then started waking up concerned we'd oversleep. We drove to the airport, returned the car, and went through security, all with no issues. Our flight was on time and I had 4 days of parking credit on my account that I gave to Jeff to use. I actually felt much better than I thought I would considering I hardly slept last night.
* going to Trader Joe's and trying out some new things of theirs. I spent way too much time looking everything over. Some of the things I tried for the first time are: jasmine brown rice, frozen chicken egg rolls and quinoa & black bean chips.
* being able to take a nap when I got home. I took a shower, put on the TV and slept for about an hour.
* Kelly being ok. She texted me late this afternoon "I Love You" and then sent another one saying "We are in lockdown but we're going to be OK". I had no way of knowing what was happening. She didn't know and there was nothing on the school's website or on local news sites. I was so scared there was some crazy person in her school and started to think the worst. About an hour after the initial text, she sent another one saying "safe". I had to wait until 10pm to talk to her but at least I knew she was ok.
* a relaxing evening with Andy. We had stew for dinner that he made over the weekend and watched the Flyers game.

No comments:

Post a Comment