Thursday, May 23, 2013

I have gratitude today for...
* selling another $500 ad today for our June issue. Our numbers have been pretty crappy. Of course since I'm just starting out it's been frustrating because I don't have a whole lot to add, so it made me feel good to get something. 
* lunch at Baja Fresh with Darlene. She's helped me so much as I've been learning the ins and outs of House & Home. 
* a fun night out with Jen Cardonick. Her friend Brett met us at her place and then we walked into Center City. We went to Cav's on 18th street to start out. We met one of her friends there and stayed for a couple hours. They had .45 cent wings and a pretty good beer selection. Ryan met us there for a beer---it was fun to see him. He says we've seen each other out in West Chester but I'm pretty sure it's been 9 or 10 years. It was great to catch up with him. From there we went to XIX to visit Steve. He made us all a yummy drink and opened up the balcony. I'm lucky enough to have already been out there (during the GlobalOptions RIMS event last year), and it was fun to see Jen & Brett's reaction. It's such an incredible view and it was beautiful. Our last stop was at The Raven Lounge---Jen had us follow her upstairs to a room where she thought there would be music. Turns out it was open mic comedy night. We stayed to listen to a few people and then took a cab back to Jen's place. It was definitely a random night but we had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment