Monday, July 1, 2013

---

I have gratitude today for...
* lunch with John at Baggataway's. I feel like I never see or talk to him much anymore. He filled me in on what's going on with Suburban/Philadelphia Life. 
* a great dinner with Joel from BIRE Financial and Doug. Andy got to meet both of them and we discussed our current investments, retirement, what needs to change as far as my life insurance investments go, etc. I'm a little disappointed I was steered in the wrong direction (for my age) back in 2006. At the time I didn't really understand investing and liked how cash builds up in a whole life policy. However, I have learned it is too conservative of an approach and the advisers I've worked with have done nothing to evaluate where my money is. I feel much more comfortable with Joel and look forward to him helping us.
* talking to Kelly about wedding stuff for a bit during our drive to Avalon. 
* Andy driving to Avalon tonight, by the time we were halfway there I could barely keep my eyes open. I'm still catching up from last week and I didn't sleep well last night. 
* all of the awesome emails, texts, messages etc. thanking us for this weekend and hearing how much fun people had. I thought it was really great too, but to hear how much our friends appreciated and enjoyed the weekend meant so much. I hope we can do it all again for winter tour or next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment