Saturday, September 28, 2013

I have gratitude today for...
* cleaning up the house this morning and then going to yoga at the gym. I loved today's class with Maura. I'm definitely going to try to go to more Saturday morning classes.
* making lots of good food for today. I started the turkey breast in the crock pot before I left the house this morning. After I got back from yoga and the store I made fresh guacamole and homemade peanut butter pie for dessert. I'm glad I did the potatoes and stuffing last night because just those two things took forever. 
* Mom, Dad, Kelly & Alex coming out to visit today. We were celebrating Dad's birthday a few days late. We hadn't seen Kelly & Alex since their wedding--hard to believe it had been that long! We had appetizers in the living room and spent some time catching up. 
* Mom helping me make the salad. I made the parmesan-garlic broccoli and carrots and heated up the stuffing and potatoes. Mom & Dad brought awesome Dolce's bread and a made a garlic spread with the roasted garlic I made the other night. 
* everyone enjoying dinner and the peanut butter pie. I love cooking and love it even more when people like what I've made for them. 
* watching the first episode of this season's Parenthood. It actually wasn't as good as I was expecting but the previews for the rest of the season look great. 
* giving Kelly & Alex their wedding gift. We bought them a gorgeous Le Creseut dutch oven and gave them money towards their wedding album. I wanted to give them something special that they'd have for a long time. Now Kelly just has to start cooking!
* the awesome Italian cookies Kelly brought from NYC. Yum!
* Andy cleaning up everything from dinner. It was a huge help!


No comments:

Post a Comment