Sunday, October 20, 2013

I have gratitude today for...
* the big comfy beds at the W. I love this hotel! I could have slept all morning but didn't want to waste the time I had to get to the pool. I saw there were magazines in the fitness center so I grabbed a Women's Health and took it to the pool with me. We stayed until noon and then left to get ready for the game. 
* finally seeing the famous Parrot (Eagles bar in Ft. Lauderdale.) It's a pretty cool place with tons of Eagles paraphernalia. Brad met up with us so it was nice to see him too. We ran over to Primanti Brothers for a slice of pizza before kick off. It was so packed we had to stand. Unfortunately the Eagles had a pretty crappy game. By the second half Brad left to go home and I was over standing and the heat so we went across the street to the Red Dog Cantina. We had chips & guacamole and chicken tacos. Everything was pretty good. It looked like the Eagles had a shot but they couldn't score and then Foles got hurt---it was all over.
* going back to the pool for a bit before the cloud rolled in. They were dark storm clouds and we made it back to our room just before it started pouring. It didn't let up for quite some time and I didn't feel like going out in the rain. We ordered take out from a local pizza place (it was terrible, we ended up throwing most of it away) and watched Homeland. After lots of beers and a late night last night it was nice to relax tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment