Saturday, October 19, 2013

I have gratitude today for...
* a nice breakfast this morning at the hotel. They had really good fresh fruit and all of the typical breakfast buffet stuff. 
* the nice ride we had in an escalade from the airport hotel to the W. Our driver was super nice and is from the Bronx. We were talking about the schools there and I told him Kelly is a teacher. I gave him a good tip (more than usual for a cab) because he was so nice and pleasant. Plus, his car was immaculate and comfy. 
* being able to check in to our room at the W super early (around 11am). Gold status got us free internet and a room upgrade. When we got up to the room we found an awesome balcony with an ocean view. Woohoo. We dropped off our stuff and headed to the pool.  
* the gorgeous pool and view of the ocean from the pool deck. I already love this hotel! 


* lunch at a little mexican place called Beach Taco. It was set up like Chipotle. The chicken tacos were excellent. I was a bit disappointed in the guacamole (it was kind of watery and had way too much lime) but everything else was very good. The people working there were super friendly too. 
* spending the rest of the afternoon at the pool. We were going to hit the beach but it was $60 (PER DAY) for chairs and an umbrella. I'm sorry but that's crazy. I could see $15 or $20, but $60? Even If I was rich I'd still think that's insane. The pool was great. As it started to cool down we went in the hot tub. Eventually it was dark and time to figure out dinner. 
* having drinks in the room/on the balcony and listening to music as we got ready for dinner. We decided to check out the Sopranos Piano Bar (I was wondering if it's related to the one in Aruba, it is not.)
* having such a fun night at Sopranos! We were sat right in the front, directly in front of one of the piano players. We ordered wings and a burger (their menu was very basic and there wasn't much to choose from) and a bucket of beers. The guys playing were so much fun! People were sending up requests and they played a little bit of everything. There weren't just two pianos, but also a drummer and guitar player. We ended up talking quite a bit with two of the guys playing (one looked just like my cousin Timmy.) Another guy that came up on stage to sing a Bohemian Rhapsody looked like Uncle John.  During a break one of the guys sat down with us and insisted we do a shot. Out came shots of Patron (I regretted it immediately when it was just sort of cold and I had nothing to chase it with but warm beer.) We ended up staying until they were done playing, around 1:30am. I'd definitely want to go back next time we're in Ft. Lauderdale.



Uncle John look-a-like                            Tim McTague look-a-like



No comments:

Post a Comment