Friday, October 18, 2013

I have gratitude today for...
* the inspection at the house going really well. I learned a lot about what to look for and Mike was very knowledgeable. He gave me some ideas for the basement too! 
* lunch at Panera. I've been craving their tomato soup all week and I finally caved. 
* seeing Gary & Steve at the office this morning. We had a great conversation about the direction of PP and what we will be focusing on moving forward. I am excited about all of the good things to come with this company!
* talking with Stacie for a while this afternoon and then telling her about the bonus we'll be announcing next week!
* getting to the airport on time and having easy flights from PHL to ATL and then ATL to Ft. Lauderdale. 
* our shuttle ride from the airport to the Sheraton Airport hotel. Our driver was a friendly young guy who shared he was in the military. He was telling us that he's had back problems for five years and never received treatment. When he got back from Iraq they found he had herniated discs and several other back issues. Now he's battling with insurance and VA bills. It's so sad and disgusting to me that our military can't easily be treated for their injuries while they serve over seas. I thanked him for his service and then everyone in the van echoed what I said. I gave him a nice tip and wish him the best. He seemed like a hard working, genuinely good guy. 
* being upgraded to the club floor, and getting extra points and breakfast vouchers as a gold member perks. I like this gold status stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment