Thursday, October 17, 2013

I have gratitude today for...
* getting up early to go to the WBA meeting even though I was really tired and wanted to sleep longer. I went to the wrong place which was annoying (last month's meeting spot was listed on the WBA homepage). When I finally got to the Main Line Night School, it was almost over. I did get an idea on how we might be able to work with them so that was worth going. 
* dropping off our first deposit to the RE/MAX office! I can't believe we really might be buying a house! I'm trying not to get too excited because so many things still need to happen but we're getting closer!
* grabbing a quick lunch at Baja Fresh today. There are only a couple left in the area and I love one of their salsas so I was happy it was along my route today!
* using my Groupon to get a pedicure and gel manicure at a salon in Lansdale. I was really annoyed they charged extra to remove my old gel nail polish when I could have done it myself at home. Most places do not charge if you're paying for a service as well. On top of that the girl didn't have me dry my toe nails and they were smudged when I put my shoes on. I know this sounds ridiculous to complain about on a gratitude blog but it felt like it was kind of poor service. Oh well, I probably won't go back since it's out of the way from where I live anyway. My nails turned out nice though and I'm happy they are looking so healthy. 
* visiting with Chrissy before the ICORP dinner. I was only able to stay for a little while but it was great talking with her and seeing the kids. Hopefully we'll be able to hang out for a bit next weekend when I'm in NJ.
* a nice time at the CJCA dinner. Steven wasn't able to make it so it was just me. I sat with a bunch of the AmTrust people and had a nice time. The bruschetta was an awesome appetizer. It was a wine tasting so we had a little bit of prosecco, red wine, white wine and champagne with the different courses. The champagne was a $200 bottle! The entree was fish so I ended up having a big plate of sauteed spinach w/garlic and olive oil without the fish and some more bruschetta. I learned the club has another restaurant, we'll have to try it sometime. 
* going to Mom & Dad's for a little bit before driving home. I told them a little bit about the house and we talked more about things going on at Mom's work. I'll get to see them more in two weeks when I go to NJ for Mary's shower. 
* talking with Debbie on my drive home from NJ. It was nice to catch up a bit. We talked a little bit about how I've been feeling about buying a house and she made me feel much better. I'm hoping we'll be able to see her when she is home for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment