Saturday, October 5, 2013

I have gratitude today for...
* Megan allowing me to use one of her gym visits. I went this morning and did a workout on my own using everything I've learned from working out with Dave. After my workout I did about 15 minutes of yoga and stretching. I was there for an hour & a half and although I didn't want to "waste" time outside, I'm so glad I went!
When I first started working out with Dave, he tried to drive home the importance of working the legs, even though they aren't really the area I am "targeting". I thought this was pretty crazy to see on the board when I did one of these workouts on my own for the first time!
* walking to the library after the gym. I got a few People magazines for this weekend, some new CD's (Grace Potter, FUN, Mraz & a yoga cd), Michael Pollen's "In Defense of Food" and Daphne Oz's "Relish". That library is the best!
* Primos for lunch--it was a nice treat! I had the chicken cutlet with broccoli rabe and roasted red peppers. Yum!
* the awesome warm weather we had for most of the day. I was able to lay out on the deck after lunch in a bathing suit and read the People magazines. It started to get cloudy and chilly around 4ish.
* reading the first 75 pages or so of Daphne Oz's book "Relish". Reading the prologue made me feel like she is actually my friend---she was easy to relate to and everything she said resonated with me. 
* dinner at Circle Tavern with Andy, Chris, Henry & Mrs. Roth. I went with something different (for me) and got the chicken pot pie. It was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment