Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Easy Slow-Cooker Garlic & Herb Chicken

Do you ever invite friends over for dinner without having a plan? Usually I have an idea of what I'm going to make well in advance of my dinner parties. I hosted an annual Christmas dinner (several weeks after Christmas) with four of my girlfriends. This was the third year in a row I've hosted and I've always had a pretty set menu in mind. 

Well...not this year. I've been working 10-12 hour days and had basically no plan. I got up the morning of the dinner party and had nothing prepared. I decided to take a chance and made up a slow-cooker meal. I prepared everything in the morning, prayed throughout the day that I wouldn't have to order take-out, and was relieved when I came home to find a decent looking meal waiting for me in my slow-cooker. 


Guess what? This meal was a hit! My friends couldn't believe I "just threw it together". Everyone asked me for the recipe so I shared it with them. I thought why not share it with all of you too?


So, here you go, an easy slow-cooker recipe you won't be disappointed in. I don't have any pictures, so you're gonna have to trust me---it's really good!



Easy Slow-Cooker Garlic & Herb Chicken
  1. Pour enough Lowry's Garlic & Herb marinade to cove bottom of Crock-Pot
    This is the one you want to buy.
  2. Add 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (can be frozen).
  3. Add 1 large quartered onion and 2-3 cups of baby carrots
  4. Add 2 cups chicken broth and remaining marinade
  5. Cook on low for 6 (if chicken was thawed) or 8 (if chicken was frozen) hours. 
I served the chicken over quinoa with a side of roasted broccoli. The broccoli was a hit too, so I'll share that recipe with you as well, (also super easy!)

Roasted Broccoli
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Mix 5-6 cups broccoli, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese & 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs in large mixing bowl.
  3. Spread out on greased cookie sheet- I use non-stick cooking spray.
  4. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until broccoli is cooked and cheese/bread crumbs are starting to brown. 
If you decide to try these recipes out, please let me know what you think. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment