Saturday, February 1, 2014

I have gratitude today for...
* making fresh waffles for breakfast this morning. 
* thinking back to the day Jeffrey was born. It's so hard to believe he's 6 already. I miss them so much. 
* getting the house cleaned up---kitchen, floors, vacuuming, clothes put away. It felt good to get all of that done. 
* having a few orders come in for the TS Phi Sig fundraiser. 
* going to the mall this afternoon. I made a deal with myself that I'd only buy things with store credit or gift cards. I've been dying to go shopping but shouldn't be spending the money. I enjoyed getting out of the house and browsing all of the stores. I bought a cute sweater from Macy's, a tank top and work top from NY&Company, another work top from H&M and a beautiful dress from White House/Black Market. I wish I could afford/was willing to spend the money on clothes from there all the time. I absolutely love their clothing and it always fits perfectly!
* being able to return the two Yankee candles that had no wick with no problem. They have me a gift card for them so I wouldn't have to carry around two large candles while I shopped. 
* Kerry texting me and asking what we were doing tonight. We had made tentative plans to stop by their house tomorrow on our way to Mom & Dad's. She said they weren't doing anything and invited us over. I had already started making dinner so we wouldn't have gotten there until late---they ended up coming here. We had the best time!! Jim got to see the house, we had drinks and I made guac and salsa, and we played this really fun game called "Dicecapades". We were up playing until 3am! Oh my God anytime I'm with Kerry we stay up all night. So much fun but makes for a rough following day. We had many great laughs and good talks. Love them and hope we hang out with them more often!
Good times with great friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment